PART-TIME PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT
CUMULUS MEDIA | Minneapolis is in search of a hard-working Part-Time Promotions Assistant. If you are looking to get a foot in the door to the radio industry, have an outgoing personality and have a passion for radio, this is a great opportunity for you! This is a heavily seasonal position with most work performed during the summer. Promotions Assistants in good standing after the summer have the opportunity to remain onboard year-round.
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Minneapolis, MN has a 3-station cluster (92 KQRS, 93X, LOVE 105). We are located centrally between Minneapolis & St. Paul, near the University of MN Campus.
The Promotions Assistant travels around the metro and represents the Cumulus stations at specified events, acting as Brand Ambassadors. This includes set-up and breakdown of pop-up tents and tables, hanging banners, interacting with listeners and registering people to win prizes. To join the team, you must be able to lift 50 pounds, and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
In the office, Promotions Assistants help with prize fulfillment, event preparation, contest building, brainstorming new ideas and other promotion-oriented tasks. The position may also include running errands and helping with vehicle maintenance.
We’re looking for charismatic applicants, with smiling faces and outgoing personalities. If you love talking to people and listening to great radio, this could be the perfect job for you.
- Assist in execution of promotional events
- Execute proper technical and physical set-up and breakdown of remote broadcasts and station events; ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues on the fly
- Represent stations at events in an upbeat, outgoing and friendly manner
- Data Entry of Promotional events and contesting
- Inventory and maintenance of prize closets and promotions equipment
- Assisting the Promotions and Marketing Department with projects as needed in the office
- Assist with vehicle inspections, fuel and coordinating maintenance
- Drive station vehicles to and from events, occasionally with attached trailer
- Maintain and store station equipment
- No experience necessary, however customer service and retail experience is helpful
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Reliable; have a flexible schedule and be available to work at least 20 hours per week, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be available to work a minimum of 5 day or night shifts during the MN State Fair (Aug 23-Sept 4)
- May require lifting or moving up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Outgoing, energetic, detail-oriented and responsible
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Event experience a plus
What we offer:
- Starting wage of $14.50/hr + incentive program
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).