A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WGVX-FM (“Station”), owned and operated by Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC located at 2000 SE Elm Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414, during available business hours Monday through Friday, on Station’s website at, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WGVX “Mutt and Meow Bracket Challenge” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR www.love105.fm WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, age eighteen (18) or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 60 days, or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 60 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 90 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, Station, each of its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. CST on March 5, 2021 and will run through 9:59 a.m. CST on April 6, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. How to Enter. You will automatically be entered into the Contest once you complete the following:
(i) Online: Visit the Station’s website at www.love105.fm during the Contest Period and upload one (1) picture of either your dog or cat and fully complete an entry form, including your name, address, phone number, and your pet’s name. One entry per person, per email address, regardless of pet type. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CST on March 16, 2021 to be eligible to be placed in the LOVE 105 Mutt and Meow Bracket Challenge. All entries will be placed in a random drawing by the Station to find out who makes it to the top 64, which will be comprised of 32 cats and 32 dogs. If Station does not have enough entries to start with 64 total cats and dogs, then Station will begin with only 32 entries (or 16, etc.) made of up an equal mixture of cats and dogs, if possible, and start the voting schedule for that number and follow the Contest the same way.
On March 19, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CST the bracket will open for Round 1. Listeners will be asked to visit www.love105.fm and vote for their favorite dog and cat. Round 1 will close at 9:59 am CST on March 22, 2021 and each dog and cat in each matchup receiving the most votes will move on to Round 2. On March 22, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CST, Round 2 will open and listeners will once again be asked to go to www.love105.fm and vote for their favorite dog and favorite cat. Round 2 will end at 9:59 a.m. CST on March 25, 2021 and the dog and the cat with the most votes in each matchup will move on to Round 3. On March 25, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CST, Round 3 will open and listeners will be asked to go to
www.love105.fm and vote for their favorite dog and their favorite cat up until 9:59 a.m. CST on March 28, 2021, when Round 3 will end and the dog and the cat receiving the most votes in each matchup will move on to round 4. Round 4 will begin at 10:00 a.m. CST on March 28, 2021 and listeners will once again be asked to go to love105fm.com and vote for their favorite dog and favorite cat until 9:59 a.m. CST on March 31, 2021, when Round 4 will end and the dog and the cat with the most votes in each matchup will move on to Round 5. On March 31, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CST, Round 5 will open. Listeners will be asked to go to www.love105.fm and vote for their favorite dog and favorite cat up until 9:59 a.m. CST on April 3, 2021, when Round 5 will end and the one (1) dog and one (1) cat receiving the most votes in each matchup will move on to the final round. At 10:00 a.m. CST on April 3, 2021 the final round will open and listeners will be asked to go to www.love105.fm to vote for either their favorite dog or cat. On April 6, 2021 at 9:59 a.m. CST, the final round will end. The winner will be posted online after 10:00 AM CST on April 6, 2020 and announced on air April 6, 2021 at approximately 3:40 p.m. CST. Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address. Any submissions received, which include pictures of any other type of animal that is not either a cat or dog, will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per person by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted. Entries that are indecent, lewd, offensive, defamatory, contain profanities, or are in any way in bad taste or contain material(s) which may infringe upon any person or entities proprietary rights, as determined in the sole discretion of the Station, will be disqualified.
Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
4. Winner Selection. The Voter Prize drawing will be conducted by the Station on April 6, 2021 after 10:00 AM, with one (1) winner selected at random from among all valid registered users who registered to vote in the LOVE 105 Mutt and Meow Bracket Challenge Contest during the Contest Period in the Station’s sole and absolute discretion. The potential Voter Prize winner will be contacted by end of day on April 6, 2021 using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). On or about 10:30am CST on April 6, 2021, the Station will contact the Grand Prize winner of LOVE 105 Mutt and Meow Bracket Challenge, the dog or the cat who made it through all rounds of voting and received the most votes in the final round, as determined via the bracket system as outlined in Section 3. The Station will also contact and award one (1) Runner-Up Prize to the dog or the cat who finished in second (2nd) place, who made it all the way until the final round but who did not have as many votes as the other dog or cat (the Grand Prize winner). The potential Grand Prize winner and Runner-Up winner will be announced on-air at approximately 3:40pm CST on April 6, 2021 AND contacted by end of day on April 6, 2021, using the email address and/or telephone number provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification. The winning entrant will be announced on-air and/or online at www.love105.fm.
5. Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes. A total of up to one (1) Voter Prize, one (1) Runner-Up Prize and one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest during the Contest Period. The Voter Prize is a fifty-dollar ($50) gift card to Lucky’s 13 Pub, valid at any of their four (4) Minnesota locations. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Voter Prize is fifty dollars ($50). The Runner Up Prize is one hundred dollars ($100) in gift cards to Lucky’s 13 Pub, valid at any of their four (4) Minnesota locations; and, LOVE 105 swag valued at approximately thirty dollars ($30). ARV of the Runner-Up Prize is one hundred and thirty dollars ($130). The Grand Prize is a pet bed, a gift basket, consisting of dog toys and treats, and a Lift Bridge gift basket. ARV of the Grand Prize is two hundred and ninety dollars ($290). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Station during the Sweepstakes Period. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
7. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC, Cumulus Media New Holdings, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize. To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, entrants:
i. agree to grant the Station a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of the Contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
ii. acknowledge that the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that they have the legal right, power and authority to grant to the Station the license provided for herein; own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the Contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
14. Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR AND RUNNER UP PRIZE PROVIDER: Minneapolis Radio Assets, LLC; WGVX-FM, 2000 SE Elm Street, Minneapolis, MN 55414.
GRAND PRIZE PROVIDERS:
Animal Emergency & Referral Center of MN, 1163 Helmo Ave. N., Oakdale, MN 55128.
Lift Bridge Brewing Co., 1900 Tower Drive W., Stillwater, MN 55082.
Goldwood Kennels, 9500 Dellwood Rd., White Bear Lake, MN 55115.
RUNNER UP PRIZE PROVIDER: Lucky’s 13, 1352 Sibley Memorial Highway, Mendota, MN 55150.
VOTER PRIZE PROVIDER: Lucky’s 13, 1352 Sibley Memorial Highway, Mendota, MN 55150.